Installation

I got it working on RHEL 8! but not 100%

I got it working on RHEL 8! but not 100%

by L Ng -
Number of replies: 3

I got the errors out of the way and now I get this error when I first tried to look it up

WeBWorK error

An error occured while processing your request.

For help, please send mail to this site's webmaster (abc@school.edu), including all of the following information as well as what what you were doing when the error occured.

Error record identifier

b7ee0fab-072e-52ca-ad9a-e69a595484f0::5622c80c-ecfb-11eb-8398-dfe7052adfed

Warning messages

Error messages

DBI connect('database=webwork','webworkWrite',...) failed: Access denied for user 'webworkWrite'@'localhost' (using password: YES) at /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/Utils/CourseManagement.pm line 88.

thoughts?
In reply to L Ng

Re: I got it working on RHEL 8! but not 100%

by Michael Gage -
Check first that the password is correct using the command line mysql. And user:. webworkWrite and the password entered into webwork2/conf/site.conf. If that doesn't work. It might be more complicated there is a history of problems with. DBD:mariaDB
In reply to L Ng

by Peter Staab -
This is because webwork can't communicate with the database (either mysql or mariadb). Double check that the database is up and running (see the install instructions on this) and that you have set the password for the user webworkWrite in site.conf.
In reply to L Ng

by L Ng -

sorry... my fault.. typo in the db password..

How do i create a login for users now? where can i start to read to create accounts or better yet, connect to our AD/ LDAP?

thanks!