Installation

RHEL 8 - after intitial setup - Could not load the OPL taxonomy from the server.

RHEL 8 - after intitial setup - Could not load the OPL taxonomy from the server.

by L Ng -
Number of replies: 9

Hello.. 

I logged in as admin and clicked on course administration -> Instructor Tools -> Library Browser and got the error warning prompt

Do i have to enable something?

Could not load the OPL taxonomy from the server.

THEN on the page, I see:

Error record identifier

f64d2c6b-e98c-5d67-a086-258ce690eacb::33341baf-ef15-11eb-be16-8eb741120737

Warning messages

Error messages

DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Table 'webwork.OPL_DBsubject' doesn't exist at /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/Utils/ListingDB.pm line 347.

Call stack

The following information can help locate the source of the problem.

• in WeBWorK::Utils::ListingDB::getAllDBsubjects called at line 558 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/ContentGenerator/Instructor/SetMaker.pm
  • in WeBWorK::ContentGenerator::Instructor::SetMaker::browse_library_panel2 called at line 503 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/ContentGenerator/Instructor/SetMaker.pm
  • in WeBWorK::ContentGenerator::Instructor::SetMaker::browse_library_panel called at line 887 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/ContentGenerator/Instructor/SetMaker.pm
  • in WeBWorK::ContentGenerator::Instructor::SetMaker::make_top_row called at line 1661 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/ContentGenerator/Instructor/SetMaker.pm
  • in WeBWorK::ContentGenerator::Instructor::SetMaker::body called at line 155 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/Template.pm
  • in WeBWorK::Template::template called at line 621 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/ContentGenerator.pm
  • in WeBWorK::ContentGenerator::content called at line 232 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/ContentGenerator.pm
  • in WeBWorK::ContentGenerator::go called at line 386 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK.pm

Thanks!

In reply to L Ng

Re: RHEL 8 - after intitial setup - Could not load the OPL taxonomy from the server.

by Arnold Pizer -

Have you run  OPL-update ?  

In reply to Arnold Pizer

Re: RHEL 8 - after intitial setup - Could not load the OPL taxonomy from the server.

by L Ng -

Like the ldap setting.. don't I need to enable some settings on localoverride.conf then run this command?

or do I just run it and from which folder?

In reply to L Ng

by Arnold Pizer -
Just run it . See https://webwork.maa.org/wiki/Installation_Manual_for_2.16_on_RHEL8#Install_the_WeBWorK_Problem_Libraries
In reply to Arnold Pizer

by L Ng -
I got an error and figured it out... had to change the path to where my libraries are stored... it is now running thus far... thank you.. we'll see if it completes correctly
In reply to L Ng

by L Ng -
Now I get this at the botttom of the page

You are missing the directory templates/Library, which is needed for the Problem Library to function. It should be a link pointing to /opt/webwork/libraries/webwork-open-problem-library/OpenProblemLibrary, which you set in conf/site.conf. I tried to make the link for you, but that failed. Check the permissions in your templates directory.

What am I missing and where is the templates directory?
In reply to L Ng

by Arnold Pizer -

It seems that you are not following the installation directions.

https://webwork.maa.org/wiki/Installation_Manual_for_2.16_on_Ubuntu gives complete up to date instructions on the installation. It is aimed at Ubuntu but the parts about configuring WeBWorK work for all Linux distributions.

https://webwork.maa.org/wiki/Installation_Manual_for_2.16_on_RHEL8 gives instructions for RHEL8. 

Specifically look at 

https://webwork.maa.org/wiki/Installation_Manual_for_2.16_on_Ubuntu#Install_the_Open_Problem_Library

If the link to the Library was not set up something is wrong or you did something strange (e.g. not use the modelCourse when setting up your new course).  Look at https://webwork.maa.org/wiki/Installation_Manual_for_2.16_on_RHEL8#Install_the_WeBWorK_Problem_Libraries which explain actions needed in WW2.15 but which are not needed in 2.16.
In reply to Arnold Pizer

by L Ng -

Already have but the error message still shows up

In reply to L Ng

by L Ng -

Here is my path

/opt/webwork/courses/modelCourse/templates

perl-5.20.3$> ls -al

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root apache   60 Jul 24 18:10 capaLibrary -> capaLibrary -> /opt/webwork/libraries/webwork-open-problem-library/Contrib/CAPA/

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root apache   64 Jul 27 20:39 Contrib -> /opt/data/webwork/libraries/webwork-open-problem-library/Contrib

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root apache   75 Jul 28 11:29 Library -> /opt/webwork/libraries/webwork-open-problem-library/OpenProblemLibrary

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root apache   85 Jul 27 20:42 rochesterLibrary -> /opt/webwork/libraries/webwork-open-problem-library/OpenProblemLibrary/Rochester

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root apache   81 Jul 27 20:42 unionLibrary -> /opt/webwork/libraries/webwork-open-problem-library/OpenProblemLibrary/Union

In reply to L Ng

by L Ng -
I fixed it! I did not realize I needed to go to admin folder ->then in templates and then put the symbolic link there

$> /opt/webwork/courses/admin/templates

then

ln -s /opt/webwork/libraries/webwork-open-problem-library/OpenProblemLibrary Library