Installation

Solaris installation

Solaris installation

by Paul Whitener -
Number of replies: 3
Greetings all,

I am a newbie to WebWork. I am the System Analyst for WFU. I am trying to bring WebWork up on a Solaris Sprac server using Solaris 10. I have all the modules for perl installed, but seem to be hitting path issues for locating the modules. I seem to need to locate where the path variable for /Apache/any-perl.pm. I can move things around by hand but that does not seem logical. It would be great to talk to someone who is running on Solaris. I really feel like I've missed something simple. Thank you in advance for your help!

/paul
In reply to Paul Whitener

Re: Solaris installation

by Gavin LaRose -
Hi Paul,

It's been a very long time since we were using WeBWorK on Solaris, but when that was the case I never found that it behaved significantly differently than running on Linux. Where is any-perl.pm located on your Solaris server? I'm wondering if for some reason it's just somewhere different than where it's expected. If that isn't the case, I wonder if there's something odd with how the Perl search path is being set up in your Solaris build.

Thanks,
Gavin
In reply to Gavin LaRose

by Paul Whitener -
Thanks for the reply Gavin. I'm guessing you are correct, the default perl search path must be different. But I am using standard perl-out-of-the-box from Solaris. Just got to find that path!

/paul
In reply to Paul Whitener

by Xiong Chiamiov -
AFAIK, Perl uses the standard PATH environment variable, which may not be what you expect it to be if you're running the webserver under its own user account.

As far as finding the file, your package manager may list it (if you installed it through there, rather than CPAN), or you can use find. I don't generally use find (I'm lazy and use locate, which isn't available on Solaris iirc), but this should work:
find / -name any-perl.pm