Forum archive 2000-2006

Zbigniew Fiedorowicz - Need WeBWorK problems

Zbigniew Fiedorowicz - Need WeBWorK problems

by Arnold Pizer -
Number of replies: 0
inactiveTopicNeed WeBWorK problems topic started 1/26/2001; 10:31:55 AM
last post 1/31/2001; 8:26:29 AM
userZbigniew Fiedorowicz - Need WeBWorK problems  blueArrow
1/26/2001; 10:31:55 AM (reads: 1144, responses: 2)
I am desparately looking for WeBWorK problems covering the following topics:

(1) 2-dimensional parametric curves (conversion to xy form, lengths, surface area of revolution)

(2) more polar coordinate problems

(3) conic sections (foci, eccentricity, directrices, rotation of axes, polar equations)

The problem library which comes with the WeBWorK distribution unfortunately seems rather thin in these areas, at least as far as I could tell by grepping through it.

Zig

<| Post or View Comments |>

userRobert (Rochester ugrad) - Re: Need WeBWorK problems  blueArrow
1/30/2001; 7:22:43 PM (reads: 1406, responses: 0)
I and the other interns at Rochester did several problems this summer for Rochester's multi-variable calculus class and I seem to remember some problems that were along those subjects. All of those problems are in sets that begin SetV(ector) on our webwork server but may not have been distributed recently. Of course, if your not really looking for multi-var problems, those may not be very useful but I remember that at least some of them were designed to be used early on in the semester before they got too heavily into multi-var stuff.

userZbigniew Fiedorowicz - Re: Need WeBWorK problems  blueArrow
1/31/2001; 8:26:29 AM (reads: 1397, responses: 0)
Could you search through your problem archives and send me anything you find which might conceivably be related to these topics.

I would greatly appreciate it.

Zig