WeBWorK Problems

Unable to view updated problems in local directory on one account

Unable to view updated problems in local directory on one account

by Bentley Garrett -
Number of replies: 2

Hi,

Several of our TAs/instructors have been adding about 400 problems to the local problem directory in a particular course. Everyone adding problems has professor status, including myself. Specifically, I asked them to first add problems, then go back and make edits on them.

For some reason, when I try to look at some of the final edited problems in the editor on my account, I get the message "Changes in this file have not yet been permanently saved." Everyone who added/edited problems has confirmed to me that they have clicked Take Action under the Update tab for all the revised problems. (I'm assuming this is the correct way to update the local directory.)

Specifically, for about 80 of the 400 problems, I can't see the final edited versions on my account, but I can see the final edits on all the others. And, apparently, this is just on my account - all the other instructors/TAs can see the final versions on their accounts.

Any ideas on why this might be? As a workaround, I realized that I can login as admin, view the final versions, and save each as a brand new problem - but I'd like to avoid this in the future, if possible.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

-Bentley Garrett

In reply to Bentley Garrett

Re: Unable to view updated problems in local directory on one account

by Alex Jordan -

If you are seeing "Changes in this file have not yet been permanently saved." then I think that means that for you (not other users) there is a temporary, un-updated version of the file that you are seeing. For example if you loaded one of these files, made a change, and clicked to view it (but not update). That could have happened a long time ago, and the temporary version still exists, so you (and you alone) see that version and get that message.

To be safe, make a new professor user and visit the problems to see if they are as they should be. Back in your regular account you could visit the problems and use the Revert option to be rid of the temporary versions.

In reply to Alex Jordan

Re: Unable to view updated problems in local directory on one account

by Bentley Garrett -

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your prompt reply! Looks like Revert did the trick!

-Bentley