Features & Development

Feature Request: Add "act as ..." link to page "Sets assigned to ..."

Feature Request: Add "act as ..." link to page "Sets assigned to ..."

by Nikolaus Vonessen -
Number of replies: 2

This is a feature request for a minor WeBWorK improvement.

When I need to extend set dates for one user, I go to "Instructor Tools", select a user, and then click on "View/Edit all set dates for one user".  This brings me to a page called "Sets assigned to [student-username]".  It would be great if you could add to this page a link to act as "student-username".  Clicking on that link, I could then easily check that I entered the new set closing dates for this student correctly.

It seems to me that this might be easily implemented, and it would save me quite a bit of time (because of the many extension requests I grant).

Note that there is an "act as" link on the page detailing the progress of a single student.

Thanks for considering this!

Nikolaus Vonessen

In reply to Nikolaus Vonessen

Re: Feature Request: Add "act as ..." link to page "Sets assigned to ..."

by Danny Glin -

A better place to submit feature requests is through discussions on GitHub.  These are more actively monitored by the developers, and allow feature requests to be flagged and prioritized.

It's worth pointing out that if you get to the page you mention by clicking on the Assigned Sets link (the "m/n" number next to the student in question) from the Classlist Editor, then you will already be acting as that student, and can simply click on the relevant homework set using the links in the menu on the left.

In reply to Danny Glin

Re: Feature Request: Add "act as ..." link to page "Sets assigned to ..."

by Nikolaus Vonessen -
Thanks, Danny! I wasn't aware of the workaround you mention. That resolves my issue, and I won't pursue this further.