OPL Maintenance

Running OPL-update gives permission denied error

Re: Running OPL-update gives permission denied error

by Harshal Patel -
Number of replies: 0
Hi Glenn,

Thank you for the tip. I allowed wwadmin user to have write permissions to the bin folder (and everything beneath). Now when I ran the OPL-update command again, I received a different error:

Downloading the latest OPL release.
Found OPL METADATA release v2023-04-30.
Downloaded release archive, now extracting.
/bin/tar: webwork-open-problem-library/JSON-SAVED: Cannot utime: Operation not permitted
/bin/tar: webwork-open-problem-library/JSON-SAVED: Cannot change mode to rwxr-sr-x: Operation not permitted
/bin/tar: webwork-open-problem-library/TABLE-DUMP: Cannot utime: Operation not permitted
/bin/tar: webwork-open-problem-library/TABLE-DUMP: Cannot change mode to rwxr-sr-x: Operation not permitted
/bin/tar: webwork-open-problem-library: Cannot utime: Operation not permitted
/bin/tar: webwork-open-problem-library: Cannot change mode to rwxr-sr-x: Operation not permitted
/bin/tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors
Execution of /opt/webwork/webwork2/bin/download-OPL-metadata-release.pl failed:
There was an error extracting the release:  at /opt/webwork/webwork2/bin/download-OPL-metadata-release.pl line 58.
What other permissions am I missing here?

Also, when I go to the Library Browser from the webwork website site, it shows the following error message:
DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Table 'webwork-test.opl_dbsubject' doesn't exist at /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/Utils/ListingDB.pm line 353.

Appreciate your assistance, thank you.