WeBWorK Main Forum

OPL-update does not download the newest library?

OPL-update does not download the newest library?

by Andras Balogh -
Number of replies: 3

I see in recent posts that we should be using OPL-update for updating the library. When I use OPL-update in ww_version: 2.17 | pg_version 2.17 I get  the message that 

Switching OPL clone in /app/webwork/libraries/webwork-open-problem-library/ to new branch of release tag v2023-04-30.

v2023-04-30 seems to indicate not the most recent library. 

After OPL-update I don't see, for example, changes made 4 days ago to Hope/Calc1/APEX_01_03_Limits_analytical/Limit_04.pg

How do I get the most recent library?

In reply to Andras Balogh

Re: OPL-update does not download the newest library?

by Glenn Rice -

The OPL now has releases.  When you run OPL-update it downloads the latest release.  Currently the latest release is v2023-04-30.

If you want to go past the latest release, then checkout and pull the main branch.  Then run OPL-update-legacy.  That is the old script that is now run in a workflow on Github to generate the release.  It takes a while as you may know.

Be warned that some things used in problems in the OPL that are not in the release may not be compatible with versions of webwork2 and pg prior to version 2.18.

In reply to Glenn Rice

Re: OPL-update does not download the newest library?

by Andras Balogh -

Thanks. I definitely don't want to go through the longer process. 

I manually copied the updated problem into the library. I also saved a copy of the old version, in case an update later will complain about the problem file not matching the previous release.