Installation

Updating .conf files after saving changes

Updating .conf files after saving changes

by B Edgecombe -
Number of replies: 2

Hello,

I am trying to install WeBWorK 2.17 on Ubuntu Server 22.04 LTS AMI (https://webwork.maa.org/wiki/WeBWorK_2.17_Ubuntu_Server_22.04_LTS_Amazon_Machine_Image).

I'm unable to update any configurations I make to the site.conf and localOverrides.conf files. After entering "sudo apache2ctl restart" on the command line, I get the following error message:

AH00526: Syntax error on line 251 of /etc/apache2/conf-enabled/webwork.conf:
Can't locate Future/AsyncAwait.pm in @INC (you may need to install the Future::AsyncAwait module)

How do I install the Future::AsyncAwait module? For reference, line 251 on the webwork.conf file simply says "PerlModule WebworkWebservice". As far as I know, I'm not supposed to edit this file, but I'm entirely new to all of this.

In reply to B Edgecombe

Re: Updating .conf files after saving changes

by Danny Glin -

In Ubuntu most perl packages can be installed using apt.  To install Future::AsyncAwait use

sudo apt install libfuture-asyncawait-perl

The naming convention is pretty consistent.

With that being said, it doesn't look like Future::AsyncAwait should be required for WeBWorK 2.17.  Did you do a git pull on the webwork2 folder?  If so, you've updated the code to 2.18, which has significant backend changes and likely will take some work to get working with that machine image.  You are better off starting from the 2.18 AMI.

In reply to Danny Glin

Re: Updating .conf files after saving changes

by B Edgecombe -

Yes I did; thank you for pointing that out!

I'm trying to install WeBWorK 2.18 now. Cheers!