WeBWorK Main Forum

Problems with problem set editing

Problems with problem set editing

by Douglas Brown -
Number of replies: 2
Hello all,

Having installed WeBWorK 2.4-patches on our Centos5 server and overcoming an SQL problem (with your help), all seems to running well except when it comes to editing an existing problem set. When I click on the number of problems in the set from the Homework Set Editor page, I get:

Warning messages

Error messages

Call stack

The information below can help locate the source of the problem.

• in Exception::Class::Base::throw called at line 809 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/DB/Schema/NewSQL/Std.pm
  • in WeBWorK::DB::Schema::NewSQL::Std::handle_error called at line 410 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/DB/Schema/NewSQL/Std.pm
  • in WeBWorK::DB::Schema::NewSQL::Std::_get_fields_where_prepex called at line 378 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/DB/Schema/NewSQL/Std.pm
  • in WeBWorK::DB::Schema::NewSQL::Std::get_fields_where called at line 887 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/DB.pm
  • in WeBWorK::DB::listLocations called at line 616 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/ContentGenerator/Instructor/ProblemSetDetail.pm
  • in WeBWorK::ContentGenerator::Instructor::ProblemSetDetail::extraSetFields called at line 352 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/ContentGenerator/Instructor/ProblemSetDetail.pm
  • in WeBWorK::ContentGenerator::Instructor::ProblemSetDetail::FieldTable called at line 1832 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/ContentGenerator/Instructor/ProblemSetDetail.pm
  • in WeBWorK::ContentGenerator::Instructor::ProblemSetDetail::body called at line 152 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/Template.pm
  • in WeBWorK::Template::template called at line 491 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/ContentGenerator.pm
  • in WeBWorK::ContentGenerator::content called at line 195 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/ContentGenerator.pm
  • in WeBWorK::ContentGenerator::go called at line 353 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK.pm
I've tried comparing things to my setup on my home Ubuntu machine (where all is well), but cannot see what may be going on here. More SQL issues?

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Doug
In reply to Douglas Brown

Re: Problems with problem set editing

by Danny Glin -
Have you run wwdb_upgrade on the database?
The reference to WeBWorK::DB::listLocations makes me think that the problem occurs when it is trying to access the locations table (used for IP-based restrictions). This table would only have been created when the wwdb_upgrade script was run.