WeBWorK Main Forum

Hardcopy fontsize

Hardcopy fontsize

by Zak Zarychta -
Number of replies: 4
Hi there,
Is there any way in which the hardcopy fontsize may be altered?
Zak
In reply to Zak Zarychta

Re: Hardcopy fontsize

by Jason Aubrey -
Hi Zak,

Yes, there is a lot you can do to modify how the hardcopy comes out.

The directory webwork2/conf/snippets contains the tex files that control how the hardcopy comes out: hardcopyPreamble.tex, hardcopyPostable.tex, etc.

Hope this helps,
Jason
In reply to Jason Aubrey

by Amelia Taylor -
If I am using WeBWork with an account from the MAA (so don't have a local server, etc), how do I find these files and modify them? I think this would solve another question I have about projecting the problems --- if I can get the hardcopy in a format I like, then I can just use that.

Thanks!
Amelia
In reply to Jason Aubrey

by Amelia Taylor -
Hi. I figured out that I can download the latex file as well as the pdf, but then I don't have the pictures and I'm not sure where to find those --- may be the same issue as my previous post.

Thanks,
Amelia
In reply to Amelia Taylor

by Michael Gage -
Hi Amelia,

I don't believe there is a clean way of doing this at the moment unless you have your own server.  It would be useful feature if a problem was "aware" of all the auxiliary files it needs.  This is planned once the PGalias.pm file is fleshed out, but it's not ready yet.  

You can download the latex and then also grab the .png files of the web from the HTML version of the problems. (I don't think you can grab them from the pdf download).  Then you can put them in a folder with the .tex file and with a little fussing you can tex the file with the graphics included.  It's not something you would want to do routinely, but for special circumstances (such as a presentation) I've done it.

The original use of the .tex download was for troubleshooting only -- but once a problem knows which resources it is using  it should be possible to write a quiz in WeBWorK, download the tex file and tweak it, and then deliver it as hardcopy even if the problem uses graphs and other external files.

--Mike