WeBWorK Main Forum

Get errors when try to import homework definition file...

Get errors when try to import homework definition file...

by Christian Seberino -
Number of replies: 3
The homework definition file below bombs with the following
error messages when it is imported into Webwork...

Error messages

addGlobalSet in ProblemSetList: argument 1 contains empty 'set_id' field at /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/ContentGenerator/Instructor/ProblemSetList2.pm line 1785.
at /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/ContentGenerator/Instructor/ProblemSetList2.pm line 1785.
Call stack

The information below can help locate the source of the problem.

in WeBWorK::ContentGenerator::Instructor::ProblemSetList2::importSetsFromDef called at line 1378 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/ContentGenerator/Instructor/ProblemSetList2.pm
in WeBWorK::ContentGenerator::Instructor::ProblemSetList2::import_handler called at line 396 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/ContentGenerator/Instructor/ProblemSetList2.pm
in WeBWorK::ContentGenerator::Instructor::ProblemSetList2::initialize called at line 200 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/ContentGenerator.pm
in WeBWorK::ContentGenerator::go called at line 370 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK.pm

================================================================

openDate=08/25/2014 at 06:00 AM
dueDate=09/01/2014 at 06:00 PM
answerDate=09/01/2014 at 06:00 PM
problemList=
Library/webwork_custom/1401/os_ch_1/1.pg
Library/webwork_custom/1401/os_ch_1/2.pg
Library/webwork_custom/1401/os_ch_1/3.pg
Library/webwork_custom/1401/os_ch_1/4.pg
Library/webwork_custom/1401/os_ch_1/5.pg
Library/webwork_custom/1401/os_ch_1/6.pg
Library/webwork_custom/1401/os_ch_1/7.pg
Library/webwork_custom/1401/os_ch_1/8.pg
Library/webwork_custom/1401/os_ch_1/9.pg
Library/webwork_custom/1401/os_ch_1/10.pg

In reply to Christian Seberino

Re: Get errors when try to import homework definition file...

by Gavin LaRose -

My first guess would be that the system is trying to parse the set name from the file name and failing. Is the set definition file named "setNameOfSet.def"?

Gavin

In reply to Gavin LaRose

by Christian Seberino -
What is the "set name"?  Is that the homework name?

So if I want a homework to be called os_ch_2 I MUST call the
set definition file setos_ch_2.def?

cs
In reply to Christian Seberino

by Dick Lane -
I think Gavin's response is correct --- for the situation where name of the set definition file does not begin "set".

Here is my procedure to work-around the requirement [sic :-( !] that name of a set definition file begin with "set".

My reading question (Just-In-Time) assignments are documented in files with names of the form RQ-#-#.def, e.g., assignment RQ-4-2 (to be completed after initial reading of text section 4.2 but before first class discussion of its topics) involves dates, header files, problem files listed in RQ-4-2.def.  In HmwkSetsEditor/HmwkSetsEditor2, after selecting the set definition file from the pop-down list, I MUST also enter the assignment name ("RQ-4-2") in the subsequent box labeled "with set name(s):"/"Import sets with names:".  After clicking on the TakeAction button, I receive a green=success message about 1 set added and a red=failure nattering saying (incorrectly) that "The setDefinition file name must begin with set".

Note: there is not a generalization of this work-around to handle importing multiple sets.

+++++

I would like to echo one of my previous requests to developers:
    http://webwork.maa.org/moodle/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=3107    (22-Sept-2013)
    http://webwork.maa.org/moodle/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=3159    (6-Nov-2013)
Please remove the archaic requirement that the name of a set definition file begin with "set".