WeBWorK Main Forum

Make-course-archive.pl script

Make-course-archive.pl script

by Arturo Portnoy -
Number of replies: 5
I tried using the script Make-course archive.pl to archive courses, but got these error messages:

Can't locate PGUtil.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib /usr/local/lib64/perl5 /usr/local/share/perl5 /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib64/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 .) at /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/Utils/CourseManagement.pm line 39.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/Utils/CourseManagement.pm line 39.
Compilation failed in require at make-course-archive.pl line 25.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at make-course-archive.pl line 25.

Is this script outdated for WW 2.10? Is there an updated version? Thanks. I use Centos 7.1 and it is a brand new installation of WW.
In reply to Arturo Portnoy

Re: Make-course-archive.pl script

by Arturo Portnoy -
Here is the link to the script: http://webwork.maa.org/wiki/Make-course-archive.pl#.VbvDr3UViko
In reply to Arturo Portnoy

by Steven Xiao -
I tried the script a couple of time with different settings and got similar error message. But the "Archive Course" from "Course Administration" from the web interface worked for me.I transferred two courses from one server to another. So far no complaint yet.

Of course, if we can do that from the command line and regularly backup courses would be nicer.

Steven Xiao
In reply to Steven Xiao

by Davide Cervone -
Here is a command-line script that creates an archive for a given course. See the documentation at the top of the file for details of how to run it.