WeBWorK Main Forum

A lot of the same error records in Apache's log file.

A lot of the same error records in Apache's log file.

by Dongchuan Luo -
Number of replies: 0
Hi All,

We met a strange problem with Webwork UBC 2.13 working in Canvas:

There was an alert email at 17:44PM last sunday about Webwork server (“Processor load is too high on webwork”) from our monitor Zabbix server. I checked the Zabbix server again and found there was a pretty high “Disk Write” at the same time on Webwork server. I guess this high disk Write made the “processor load” alert email. I further checked the log files of Apache and found there were a lot of the same error records from 17:43:20 to 17:44:30(six hundred to seven hundred) on ssl_error_log file. They are the same error record (see below) from the same IP. We didn't find out any abnormal issues with network and disk at the same time.

[Sun Sep 30 17:43:21.279420 2018] [perl:error] [pid 2623] [client 173.33.188.65:

3700] [/webwork2/MAT135Y5_All/1/3/] :Apache2 IO write: (32) Broken pipe at /opt/

webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/ContentGenerator/Problem.pm line 1215\n * in WeBWor

K::ContentGenerator::Problem::output_problem_body called at line 155 of /opt/web

work/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/Template.pm\n * in WeBWorK::Template::template called

at line 560 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/ContentGenerator.pm\n * in WeBW

orK::ContentGenerator::content called at line 356 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/W

eBWorK/ContentGenerator/Problem.pm\n * in WeBWorK::ContentGenerator::Problem::co

ntent called at line 232 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/ContentGenerator.p

m\n * in WeBWorK::ContentGenerator::go called at line 410 of /opt/webwork/webwor

k2/lib/WeBWorK.pm, referer: https://webworkq.act.utoronto.ca/webwork2/MAT135Y5_A

ll/1/3/?effectiveUser=xxxx.xxx@mail.utoronto.ca&user=xxxx.xxx@mail.utoro

nto.ca&key=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It looks like this user did something at that time and made those error records in log file. I don’t know what operation from user can make so many error within one minute? I'd like to know whether somebody else meet this issue too or can give an explanation to it?

Thanks a lot.

Dongchuan.