WeBWorK Problems

Error with arithmetic on functions after upgrade to WW 2.16

Error with arithmetic on functions after upgrade to WW 2.16

by Tim Alderson -
Number of replies: 4

After upgrading to 2.16, we are getting the error an error for any formulas that use, say   cos^5 (x) instead of (cos(x))^5 :

Function 'cos' is missing its input(s)
The same error occurs for the other trig functions.  All of these problems rendered fine before the upgrade to 2.16.  Any ideas on how to fix this?  

Example file: Wiley/setAnton_Section_2.6/Question20.pg

Update: Error appears when rendering in homework sets editor (HSE), and viewing from HSE page. However, if "edit" is selected, and then save (even though no changes have been made), the error disappears and all is fine.
Still not sure what to do about viewing problems in the OPL with this error though.

In reply to Tim Alderson

Re: Error with arithmetic on functions after upgrade to WW 2.16

by Glenn Rice -

I can confirm that this error occurs.  However, the "edit" and save approach doesn't fix anything for me.  I submitted an issue on GitHub about this.

In reply to Glenn Rice

by Glenn Rice -
After a little investigation I see that this is not the trig function exponent form that is the problem. It is the space between the exponent and the function input that is the issue.
In reply to Glenn Rice

by Tim Alderson -
Indeed. I now see the edit/save method works only for a subset of the problems with rendering errors (none of which seem to involve trig functions raised to exponents). I am not yet sure how to characterize these other problems displaying the error. I will post if I have an update.