Installation

Time Zone error

Time Zone error

by Paul Whitener -
Number of replies: 3
Well, i am currently working on Ubuntu 8.0.4 and WebWork. I have everything loaded and things seem to work, "sorta....." A course has been created from the National Libraries. When you enter the course you get the following errors:

Warning messages

Error messages

The timezone 'America/NewYork' could not be loaded, or is an invalid name.

Call stack

The information below can help locate the source of the problem.

• in DateTime::TimeZone::new called at line 1664 of /usr/lib/perl5/DateTime.pm
  • in DateTime::set_time_zone called at line 475 of /usr/lib/perl5/DateTime.pm
  • in DateTime::from_epoch called at line 594 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/Utils.pm
  • in WeBWorK::Utils::formatDateTime called at line 2014 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/ContentGenerator.pm
  • in WeBWorK::ContentGenerator::formatDateTime called at line 452 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/ContentGenerator/ProblemSets.pm
  • in WeBWorK::ContentGenerator::ProblemSets::setListRow called at line 253 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/ContentGenerator/ProblemSets.pm
  • in WeBWorK::ContentGenerator::ProblemSets::body called at line 152 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/Template.pm
  • in WeBWorK::Template::template called at line 491 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/ContentGenerator.pm
  • in WeBWorK::ContentGenerator::content called at line 195 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/ContentGenerator.pm
  • in WeBWorK::ContentGenerator::go called at line 353 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK.pm

I have checked the Timezone on the server and it is correct. The course was set up with the correct timexone. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

/paul

In reply to Paul Whitener

Re: Time Zone error

by Arnold Pizer -
Hi Paul,

Use 'America/New_York' not 'America/NewYork'.

For example look at the instructions
http://webwork.maa.org/wiki/Installation_Manual_for_2.4_on_Ubuntu_9.04#Global_Configuration

Arnie