Installation

Installation Problem on CentOS 5.3

Installation Problem on CentOS 5.3

by Patrick Rynhart -
Number of replies: 1
Hi all,

I'm attempting to install WeBWorK on CentOS 5.3 which has Moodle 1.9.6 installed. I have checked out WeBWorK via SVN (r32). Executing setup.pl from /var/www/moodle/mod/wwmqt/bin/setup/ results in:

# ./setup.pl
##########################################
#WeBWorK Moodle Question Type (WWMQT) #
##########################################
This script will setup the WWMQT.
Continue[y]:

Enter the root directory where the WWMQT module is located.
Examples: '/tmp/wwmqt' , '/home/you/tmp/wwmqt'
[/tmp/wwmqt/wwmqt]: /var/www/moodle/mod/wwmqt

Enter the root directory where Moodle is installed.
Example: '/var/www/moodle'
:
Enter the WSDL Path given in the WWQS setup.
Example: http://myserver/problemserver_files/WSDL.wsdl
:
mv: cannot move `config.php' to `/var/www/moodle/mod/wwmqt/moodle/question/type/webwork/config.php': No such file or directory
config.php file generated.
Would you like me to place the files into proper directories (y,n)[y]: y
cp: cannot stat `/var/www/moodle/mod/wwmqt/moodle/question/type/webwork': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat `/var/www/moodle/mod/wwmqt/moodle/blocks/webwork_printer': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat `/var/www/moodle/mod/wwmqt/moodle/question/format/webwork': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat `/var/www/moodle/mod/wwmqt/moodle/lang/en_utf8/block_webwork_printer.php': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat `/var/www/moodle/mod/wwmqt/moodle/lang/en_utf8/qtype_webwork.php': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat `/var/www/moodle/mod/wwmqt/moodle/lang/en_utf8/help/quiz/webwork.html': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat `/var/www/moodle/mod/wwmqt/moodle/lang/en_utf8/help/webwork': No such file or directory
Setup Successful!

Note that I have left WSDL Path blank because I don't want to use an external WebWorK server (I believe that this is fine). Given this, where am I going wrong with the install (and why are the error messages above being generated) ?

Thanks,

Patrick
In reply to Patrick Rynhart

Re: Installation Problem on CentOS 5.3

by Michael Gage -
There are probably a number of permission problems but I believe the first problem is that the wwqmt directory expects to be outside the moodle directory structure. The setup.pl script copies files from the .../wwqmt directory to the /var/www/moodle/question/... directory. The directories that you enter to the script.pl routine are the location of wwqmt (e.g. /tmp/wwqmt) and the top level of moodle (/var/www/moodle).

In addition the wwqmt (webwork question type) is not really a module and will not be included in the moodle/mod directory (the wwassignment webwork-moodle bridge on the other hand is a module). The wwqmt webwork-moodle bridge extends the question types defined for moodles quiz module.

You still need to enter the url for the WSDL even if it is on the same machine running moodle.

Hope this helps.